Great idea. But harder than Michael Jackson in a kindergarten. :-)
Hermit the sluggish caterpillar of the sea
If you liked this prototype, you will love the Demo of the full game!
Hermit the lone sluggish caterpillar of the Sea is looking for a new home, if only it weren't for those annoying sea creatures. Help hermit defend his home using the power of shells.
Left/Right Arrow - left Joystick (XBox): Move Hermit Up Arrow - Y-Button (XBox): exit/enter shell E- X-Button (XBox): activate shell ability Space- A-Button (XBox): jump Down Arrow- B-Button (XBox): use shell as a shelter
There are 2 types of shells with 2 different abilities, use them wisely.
This game was made during the Global Game Jam 2019 in Geneva.
Additional Credits: Pierrick Oggier (Audio)
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, HTML5|
|Author||Sharped Stone Studios|
|Made with||FL Studio, Unity, Aseprite|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, aseprite, Cute, Global Game Jam, Pixel Art, pla, Short, Singleplayer, Unity|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Hermit: an Underwater Tale Demo Available for Free Now!Aug 03, 2022
- Hermit: an Underwater Tale is now on Steam!Jan 24, 2022
- The rocket shell and its raritiesJun 09, 2021
- Milestone 1: Basic gameplay, Enemy system, first boss, and storylineApr 25, 2021
- Hermit going full fletched gameNov 27, 2020
- Hermit - an Underwater Tale: Introduction (Devlog #0)Apr 09, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is really neat! The mechanic of shooting/dashing with your shell works great and the controls of the game are really precise
I loved it!
Wow! This is great, I would have LOVED being able to play this as a kid back in the 90's!
Let us know your high score :D